[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] What Christmas is For (Beautiful) [1 Attachment]

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:14:57 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] What Christmas is For (Beautiful) [1
Attachment]
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:57:18 -0700

      What Christmas is For

      I met a beggar on the streets of New York.
      It was close to Christmas time.
      His clothes were ragged, tattered and torn.
      He was deaf and nearly blind.

      His sign said, "Please, remember the poor."
      He seemed such a lonely man.
      So, I walked up to him, with a tear in my eye,
      While placing ten dollars in his little tin can.

      I tried counting my blessings as I walked away,
      Finding so many that I couldn't keep score.
      But, my heart felt light in giving to him.
      You know, "That's what Christmas is for."

      Christmas is giving and remembering the birth
      Of our Savior, who was born on this day.
      Sharing the blessings, He has given to us,
      Mean much more than mere words can say.

      So, let us give to, someone less fortunate,
      The homeless, the hungry, and poor;
      Sharing love, peace, and joy in abundance,
      Because that's what Christmas is for.

      © 2007 by Vickie Lambdin
      Poetry by Vickie Lambdin  Treasured Thoughts
      Vickie is a Heavenly Inspirations author.

       Music is This is Christmas

      Love and Blessings,
      Sue

                  Email Sue
                  Font Times New Roman
                  The images used are not my own. They belong to the
artist who painted them.
                  I only created the IncrediLetter.  If you would like
the image, just ask.  Please Don't Rip My Letters.