[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] +DEV+ Forgive and Be Forgiven

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:14:48 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Michael & Anita Inman <restoration at embarqmail.com>
To: Recipient List Suppressed:;
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] +DEV+  Forgive and Be Forgiven
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 23:06:43 -0500

Date: July 5, 2011 11:05 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Forgive and Be Forgiven

Forgive and Be Forgiven

"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that
gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone
who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!"  (JAMES
2:12-13)
Scripture Focus: Matthew 18:21-35

Jesus told the parable of a master who settled accounts that were
owed him. One servant fell to his knees, begging for time to pay back
his huge debt. The sympathetic master forgave the servant.
Ungratefully, the servant found and tackled a second servant who owed
him a small debt. The second servant fell to his knees, begging for
mercy. The unforgiving servant - one who already had been shown
tremendous grace - refused to forgive a much smaller debt than his
own. It's easy to see why the master would throw the unforgiving
servant into jail.

We read this story and wonder how the first fellow could be so
foolish when such great compassion was shown to him. Yet when we come
face to face with our own merciless spirit, we see that we are very
much like him.

An unforgiving attitude tortures you, keeping you awake at night.
Physical ailments may follow. Instead of clenching your fist, open
your hands toward heaven - to the One who has forgiven you! - and say
aloud, "Lord, I forgive the person who has wronged me."

Insight: It's more important for you to be forgiving than it is for
you to be right. release your unforgiving spirit and find freedom in
Christ.
--

Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do