[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus, your Prince of Outcasts - Senior Living Ministries

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Jul 7 18:44:16 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus, your Prince of Outcasts - Senior
Living Ministries
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:36:29 -0400

              Many years ago, the Prince of Wales visited the capital
city of India. An arduous, stately barrier had been set up to keep back the
masses of people, most of them lower class, who wanted to catch a glimpse
of royalty.

                        For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two
one and has destroyed the barrier...
                        -- Ephesians 2:14

            When the prince arrived, he shook hands with some of the
political dignitaries who were presented to him. Then, looking over their
heads to the crowds beyond, he said, "Take down those barriers!" They were
quickly removed, and the people, regardless of social rank, had free access
to the heir to the British throne.

            Several years later, the Prince of Wales visited the same
district again. Waiting on him, were 10,000 outcasts that waited under a
banner. The banner welcomed him with these words inscribed: "The Prince of
the Outcasts."

            Not many of us take time out of our hectic schedules to
reflect on the majesty of Jesus and what He did for us. Born into sin, we
were outcasts from conception. But by the grace and forgiveness of Jesus,
we have been adopted into the family of God.

            So often we don't thank Him or praise Him enough for the
incredible mercy He showed us on the cross. We were separated from God, we
were the outcasts, sin was the barrier, and the heir to the throne came and
ordered it to be taken away. As a result, we now have free access to the
Son. Thank God for our "Prince of the Outcasts"--Jesus Christ.

            Prayer Challenge
            Take a few moments to simply thank God for sending Jesus to
provide forgiveness for your sins as a sacrifice on the cross through His
shed blood. Take time to worship Him through song for bridging the gap so
that we can have eternal life.

                  Click here to support the continuation of this
e-devotional ministry.

                  © 2010 Senior Living Ministries  |   Forward to a
Friend