[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus will never leave your side - Senior Living Ministries

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:52:41 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus will never leave your side - Senior
Living Ministries
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:49:03 -0400

              Commissioner Frederick Booth-Tucker of the Salvation Army
was preaching in Chicago when a man stepped from the crowd and yelled out,
"You can talk about how Christ is dear to you; but if your wife were dead,
as my wife is, and you had babies crying for their mother, you couldn't say
what you are saying."

                        I always thank God for you because of his grace
given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every
way--in all your speaking and in all your knowledge.
                        -- 1 Corinthians 1:4-5

            A few days later, Booth-Tucker lost his wife in a tragic
train accident. Her body was returned to Chicago for the funeral.

            As the service concluded, the husband took his place by the
casket and said, "The other day when I was preaching in this city, a man
said that if my wife were dead and my children were crying for their
mother, I couldn't say Christ was sufficient. If that man is here, I tell
him Christ is sufficient! My heart is crushed, bleeding, and broken. But
there is a song in my heart, and Christ put it there. The Savior speaks
comfort to me today."

            The man was present, and on hearing that, he came down the
aisle to surrender his life to the Lord.

            No matter the tragedies we face. death, sickness, loneliness,
hurt, persecution, and so on. Christ is sufficient in them all. Isn't it
comforting to know our Lord knows our pain--literally? Isn't it reassuring
to know we have a God who will be there to pick us up when we fall, carry
us when we're too weak, and never leave our side through it all?

            If you've experienced loss, anguish, or some other
affliction, trust in the Lord to walk with you through it. And use your
experience to comfort the hearts of others who are also going through
affliction.

            Prayer Challenge
            Ask the Lord to comfort you in affliction and help you to
comfort those who are experiencing the same situations.

                  Click here to support the continuation of this
e-devotional ministry.

                  © 2010 Senior Living Ministries   Forward to a Friend