[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional:"Lord, Have Mercy On Me!" by Dr Savelle

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu May 26 08:44:53 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional:"Lord, Have
Mercy On Me!" by Dr Savelle
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 01:15:54 -0500

"Lord, Have Mercy On Me!"
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): Ephesians 2:4

Today's Confession: "I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm going to
get what I need from God and His mercy."

Devotional:
When someone cries out for mercy, it indicates that there is nothing they
can do in themselves to change their circumstances. It is recognizing that
you don't have the wisdom to handle the situation. You don't have the
power, the means, the resources, the strength or the ability to change your
circumstances so you are dependent upon God. You have to trust God in this
situation. If you are to be delivered, it will have to be because God's
mercy manifests.
There was a man in the tenth chapter of Mark named Bartimaeus who was
blind, and a beggar. He heard that Jesus had come to his village. Even
though he couldn't see, he heard the crowds. He heard them talking about
this man, Jesus. Bartimaeus had heard about the miracles and it stirred his
faith. He finally thought there could be hope for his life. And there was
Jesus, standing on the street where Bartimaeus had begged for years. When
Jesus arrived, the blind beggar began to cry out, "Thou son of David, have
mercy on me."

When he cried out for mercy, he was saying, "I am powerless to change my
own circumstances. There is nothing I can do, but I am dependent upon You.
I am asking for Your mercy." When he cried out for the mercy of God, the
people told him to be quiet. The Bible says, "He cried the louder" - Mark
10:48. He was desperate for a miracle. He wanted results. He didn't care
what anybody else thought about it. He didn't care what anybody else said.
He was determined that if anybody was going to get a miracle, it was going
to be him because the Miracle Worker had come to town.

When Jesus confronted him, He said, "What do you want Me to do?"
Bartimaeus said, "I want you to recover my sight. I want you to deliver me
from this blindness" (Author's paraphrase). Notice, he associated mercy
with healing. He associated mercy with the miraculous. He cried out for
mercy. He didn't say, "Jesus, heal me." He said, "Jesus, thou Son of David,
have mercy on me." In his mind, mercy produced miracles. Mercy was
synonymous with healing, deliverance and miracles. So, Jesus gave him his
miracle. He opened his eyes and he could see.

The W. E. Vines Dictionary describes mercy as the outward manifestation
of God's compassion. It is the benevolence of God towards those who are
hurting. The mercy of God implies tenderness or kindness. It is also an act
of favor. When you ask God for mercy, you are asking God for a favor. You
are saying that you are powerless to change your circumstances; therefore,
you need the mercy of God.

In Ephesians 2:4, the Apostle Paul wrote, "But God, who is rich in mercy
. . ." That would simply mean that God has no shortage of mercy. He can
give you as many favors as you need. Just how big of a favor do you need?
The Message translation says - "Immense in mercy and with an incredible
love . . ."

It makes no difference how impossible your situation looks or how big
your need might be; the mercy of God, in manifestation, brings with it
adequate resources to meet any need. You need to cry out for the mercy of
God right now. He hears your cries, and He will answer.

http://sisbeejay.wordpress.com