[Faith-talk] NKJV in Accessible Format - WAS: Re: audio Bibles

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 00:47:36 UTC 2011

Aurora Minstries provides the NKJV  as either
mp3  audio Bible or as Daisy. I think I
mementioned in my previous post that it allows
navigation down to the chapter level. I wish it
was to verse level as well but this would be very
hard to implement as it would require linking to
each verse. If you want a Bible that has
navigation down to the verse level, you may
consider the Portable "Book Courier" that was
mentioned by someone earlier.   Bible Courier has
more than 10 translations to choose from and in
the latest incarnation actually has two rather
than just one Bible translation on it that can be
switchd between. bible Courier is designed
specifically for the blind or print-disabled. it
uses synthetic (Doubletalk) speech rather than
human narration whereas the audio Bibles from
Aurora are all recorded human narration.

I have heard that the "Go-Bible" that was also
mentioned earlier in this track supposedly does
have navigation to verse level but I have not tried or even seen any of these.

Finally, both Bible Courier and Go Bible are
portable devices with a price tag while Aurora's
mp3 or daisy Bibles are free of charge and can
either be downloaded (registration and proof of
blindness required) or mailed as mp3 or, I assume, daisy cd's.

hth and God bless,

Doris