[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] SEVEN WAYS TO PRAY IN TIMES LIKE THESE - RON HUTCHCRAFT

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:13:56 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] SEVEN WAYS TO PRAY IN TIMES LIKE THESE - RON
HUTCHCRAFT
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:59:15 -0600

Seven Ways to Pray in Times Like These

by Ron Hutchcraft

1. "Lord, heal the brokenhearted, comfort the grieving, and protect the
powerless."

? But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their
grief and take it in

hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the
fatherless.

Psalm 10:14 NIV

? He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 NIV

Only God can heal the hurting.

2. "Lord, use world events to open many doors that have been hard to Your
Gospel."

? "The Lord has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm." Nahum 1:3 NIV

? "Pray that God may open a door for our message." Colossians 4:3 NIV

God's plan is much larger than natural disasters - He's about getting the
Good News of

His Son to hearts and places it has never gone!

3. "Lord, do something that will show people Your glory over all the
earth."

? "O God.let Your glory be over all the earth." Psalm 108:5 NIV

? "Be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that
you would not

believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5 NIV

This is a season for God to do something that no world leader, no
government, no

organization could possibly do - so all will know that "the Lord He is
God."

4. "Lord, use these anxious and uncertain times to bring many to Christ."

? "Pray.that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored."

2 Thessalonians 3:1 NIV

? "May God be gracious to us and bless us.that Your ways may be known on
earth,

Your salvation among all nations." Psalm 67:1, 2 NIV

God can use this uncertain time to reach the hearts of many - in Japan,
in the United

States and around the world.

5. "Lord, guide government leaders to be instruments of Your will on
earth."

? "I urge.that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made
for everyone -

for kings and all those in authority." I Timothy 2:1, 2 NIV

A believer's responsibility to "honor the king" (I Peter 2:17) and to
pray for those in

authority transcends political labels and issues - it is a spiritual
responsibility!

6. "Lord, help Your people model Your hope and Your peace, pointing the
people around

them to Jesus - at a time when hearts are soft."

? "We have this Hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

Hebrews 6:19 NIV

? "Open your eyes and look at fields! They are ripe for harvest." John
4:35 NIV

This uncertain time is a life-saving moment - when those who belong to
Jesus have an

unusual window to introduce Him to those who don't. But the window may
not be open for

long.

7. "Lord, as your people, show us what you want to say to us through
these life-altering

events."

? Show me Your ways, LORD, teach me Your paths. Psalm 25:4 NIV

? If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and
pray and seek

My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive

their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

God uses unsetting events to prompt us to ask questions we would
otherwise never ask,

and change these we would otherwise never change.

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

James 5:16 NIV