[Faith-talk] I need prayer about the fact I had to give up my retired guide dog

Jennifer Perdue jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 12:12:31 UTC 2012

I have always been a good cane user.  I just don't feel that it gives me or ever has given me as much information and protection from things like overhead obstacles as a dog.

I ordered the free long straight cane from NFB and the tip that they provide on those canes is best used with the two touch technique which I have frankly found deffinately to not give enough information.

I am a slider and prefer to slide my cane back and forth because that is the best way to get as much information out of the cane as possible, but doing that with the NFB tips is a pain at best.

I've been using a cane all my life so there is nothing lacking in my cane skills, I just don't think it's as useful and I don't like it as much as a dog.

Jenny