[Faith-talk] introduction

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:56:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

Loral, you know me, but for the rest of you.  I'm Jennifer, I prefer Jenny Keller and I am a Latter Day Saint, or Mormon, as some know it to be called.

I grew up half baptist, half Pentecostal, and after bad experiences in both churches of my youth, I was invited to the LDS church.  I was baptized after starting in the LDS church at 12 much to the disapproval or my mother and step-father, at the age of 15.  I left though, after I was beaten by my mother up side the left side of my head which perforated my eardrum, at which time I was told it was a good possibility I would lose hearing in that ear.

thankfully I didn't, but it was a long recovery and I couldn't believe in the loving and merciful GOD that I was taught about that would allow such a horrible thing to happen to an innocent child.

A few years later, I met a boy who told me he wouldn't date me unless I was a Christian, so I started going to church with him.  His pastor explained the possibilities of why GOD allowed things to happen like that, and I stayed in the Lutheran church with him for a long time.

I was then restless and explored every Christian denomination from Catholicism, to orthodox  Christianity, to even Jehovah's witnesses, until I finally was lead by dreams which I now know were revelations and callings back to the LDS church.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, just thought I would give you a little history on my knowledge of other faiths.

There are some that I don't know about still, but not many.

I am glad to be a part of such a discussion list.  It gives us a chance to lift each other up and answer questions about accessibility in our church homes and denominations, and dispell misconceptions about other denominations.

This all gives us a common ground to learn and love.

In Christ,

Jenny