[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, August 21 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 02:00:20 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my Western Hemisphere readers and good day or morning wherever else in the world you happen to reside.  How was your day today, by God's matchless grace and His providential care? Mine was good.  Didn't do much except hang out on the computer by reading and answering emails and listening to internet radio stations.  However it will soon be time for us to retire, for those in Newfoundland probably already snuggled in their beds.  And the same probably is true for the three Canadian Maritime provinces, if there are any members reading this who live there.

Our poem for this day was submitted by Dorothy Janvrin of Fort Dodge IA.  Her submission is entitled "Beauty In a Sense," rendered as follows:

I feel the sunshine on my cheeks;
I smell a dew-drenched rose.
I hear a robin's glad new song,
And touch a leaf as it gently blows.

I joyfully reach for realization
And breathe fulfillment in each new day.
I need not eyes to see all splendor,
For God shows me in His own way.

And there you have a poem submitted by someone that I'll affectionately call "The Corn Queen" because so much corn is grown in Iowa, although this year, with the drought, they, along with other parts of the country, aren't growing much of anything.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul Barnabas.