[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, August 22 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:41:53 UTC 2012

Hello and good day/evening wherever in this world you happen to reside.  Here In North America it's either approaching evening or already is.  How was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Mrs. Halder F. DeFouw of Milwaukee WI graces our presences and screen readers with her submission for today.  Entitled "The Violet," it is rendered as follows:

Hidden in woodlands, and gullies and fields,
The violet, its fragrance and loveliness yields.
It stands among foliage
Of grasses and weeds;
The sun and the rain
Are all that it needs.

Its lavender beauty is turned toward the sky;
It faces the open,
Yet often calls shy.
Not subject to weeping,
Nor worry or sighs,
It's modest, plus charming,
And sweet till it dies.

And there you have it for today.  Some of you (and I won't mention any names here for fear of embarrassing myself and possibly even you) display in your character that of a violet, with the added benefit that you last longer.  If anyone wants to know who it is, will tell you privately, but don't want to do it publicly.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in the last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul