[Faith-talk] FW: [B H W M] transformational change

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:06:17 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: Andrew Edgcumbe <andrewjedg at gmail.com>
To: bhwm <bhwm at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [B H W M] transformational change
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2012 09:30:14 -0500

Transformational Change

By D'edra Y. Armstrong
This week's topic: A New Beginning

 In the first Book of Corinthians, the Apostle Paul details the
transformation of Christ. The fifteenth chapter describes the death,
burial, and resurrection of Christ. As we can see, Christ underwent
distinct changes in order to claim victory-he was killed, he was
buried, and he was resurrected. Today, many of us want the
transformation without undergoing change. However, you will never be
transformed without undergoing change. To be transformed and claim
victory, we must undergo physical, spiritual, and emotional change.

No matter how strategically we think we have planned, we only have
limited control over our lives. Some things in life will happen no
matter how much we try to prevent them. In life, there are no
certainties, only a few guarantees-trouble and death. It is change
that presents us with a unique opportunity to grow. It is through
change that we are transformed. When change happens, we have a few
us, however, resist change because it takes us out of our comfort
zones, exposing some degree of our vulnerability. Interestingly, it is
not change that is difficult; it's adapting to change that becomes
problematic.

When change occurs, we most often first feel that there is a loss of
some sort. If we lose our jobs, emotion interprets the event as a loss
of identity or financial stability. If we develop illness or disease,
emotion interprets it as loss of good health. If our personal
relationship comes to an end or experiences a major shift, emotion
interprets it as a setback. But we must shift our way of thinking.
Christ did not resist change; he knew that in it, there were great
rewards-triumph and victory.

We are reminded in II Corinthians 4:16 that "our inner man is being
renewed day by day." In order to be renewed, we must be transformed.
We must develop the mind of Christ when it comes to change, knowing
that there awaits a greater reward. Christ did not try to get down off
the cross. And when we fully accept the fact that transformation
requires a marked change, we'll know that an old job can be replaced
by a new and more lucrative-paying one, our health can and will be
restored, and a healthier and stronger relationship will be built. In
other words, you simply cannot hold on to the old when the new is
trying to break through; you have to give up one for the other. We all
must undergo transformational change if we expect to experience daily
renewal.

No matter how devastating the form of change, a golden opportunity
awaits. The intended purpose of change is a positive one-personal and
spiritual growth. The event or circumstance itself is often temporary,
but the benefit can last for a lifetime. Embrace your change and be
transformed and renewed in mind, body and spirit.

Scripture Of The Day: "Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our
outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by
day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16 (NKJV)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: