[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for July 27 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:54:59 UTC 2012

Folks, this message is a mite late, but we had a rather intense Bible study off line at a local Christian singles get-together at a private residence about two miles from where I live.  The theme for the evening's session was "Passing the Buck," and the main Scripture was Genesis 3 in which Adam blamed Eve for eating the forbidden fruit and she, in turn, blamed the serpent.  We also used the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:19-20.  There were only four of us, but the two hours seemed to pass rapidly.  Unfortunately if this Friday evening get-together is every week, the undersigned won't be able to make it next week as he has a prior commitment.

How was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  I hope that, for those of us residing outside North America, that your Saturday is going well.

Our words of inspiration today are especially for those of you with guide dogs.  Written by T. Max Laughton of Greenville SC it is entitled "My Seeying Eye Dog Who Accompanies Me," and is rendered as follows:

The days were dark, and I could not see
Before my Seeing Eye dog accompanied me.
Then came the light, happiness and glee
With my Seeing Eye dog who accompanies me.

In prison I was,
But now I am free
With my Seeing Eye dog who accompanies me.
I can go anywhere,
For now I can see
With my Seeing Eye dog who accompanies me.

>From the mountains to the plains
Or down to the sea
With my Seeing Eye dog who accompanies me.

My step is now certain.
I'm sure as can be
With my Seeing Eye dog
Who accompanies me.

Her head so erect,
She's proud as can be,
My Seeing Eye dog who accompanies me.

Once I was blind,
But now I can see
With my Seeing Eye dog
Who accompanies me.

When I walk through the gates of Eternity,
May my Seeing Eye dogs accompany me.

It would appear that Mr. Laughton received his guide dog training at the Seeing Eye in Morristown NJ, as that school is the only one that can legally use the term "Seeing Eye" as that term related to their dogs, though I'm not certain.  I hope that you guide dog users appreciated his rhyme.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing another good night message will be posted, I ask the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul