[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, June 6 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:19:33 UTC 2012

Well folks, it's about that time to post the daily good night message.  Besides your messenger has to stay up this evening as he is the volunteer on-call counselor for our local crisis pregnancy center.  Man, but I'm sure glad to have my Keurig coffee maker as it will surely come in handy in staying awake.  I know that too much coffee isn't good for one's health, but I can think of worse things.  Anyway hope that your day went well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, and that, for those of you in other parts of the world, I hope that your day is going well.

I don't really know why, but for me poetesses have touched my heart in so many special ways.  Take for example tonight's contributor.  Her name is Grace E. Easley and her submission is entitled "Point of View." It is rendered as follows:

I've heard it says it all depends
Upon your point of view,
The happiness you get from life
And how things look to you,
And the longer that I'm living,
I've really come to see
That this is just a true a fact
As anything could be.

If you always look for sorrow,
Then you'll have it seven-fold;
If you go in search of rainbows,
You will find a pot of gold.
If you have no time for dreaming,
The days are dark and gray,
But with a little bit of hope
Your troubles slip away.

Don't waste your time in sighing
When the world is full of song;
Don't live among the shadows,
This is not where you belong.
Lift your face and feel the sunlight,
Smell the flowers in the wood,
And be grateful you are living,
And know that God is good!

May Sister Grace's words minister to you this evening as you contemplate them.  Please pray that not only I stay awake during my shift from midnight to 6 a.m. eastern time, but that, if a lady calls and is contemplating abortion, that the Lord will give me the right words to say to her, how to say them and finally to say them at the opportune moment.  Thanks in advance for your prayers in this matter.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you all safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in these last days.  Your Christian brother, Paul