[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, June 27 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:26:56 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all.  Unfortunately it's not a good evening for those of us living in the western U.S., especially Colorado.  Our prayers and thoughts are with you all out there.  It goes without saying that, if we individually had resources to directly help you, that we certainly would.  However we have something better, and that is constant and consistent prayer power on your behalf.  Let's continue it in the way that God would have us do it in our own individual ways, as He leads.

Our poetic words this evening come from the pen of the undersigned, and were originally dedicated to my phone friend Lydia Kendall of Miles City Montana, whom I really liked talking to for about three years, even when people on phone chat lines, for all intents and purposes, abandoned her.  However we stuck it out together until several months ago when, unknown to me, she committed suicide.  She was a Christian, but no one in her town would befriend her for reasons I still can't figure out.  Anyway I sent this poem to her in a Braille letter, and it expresses the love and friendship I had toward her.  Would we have gotten married at some time in the future? God only knows.  Entitled "To One I Love," I put myself in a sort of looking forward to possibly meeting her some day.  It is rendered as follows:

I can think of nothing better
Than the years ahead with you;
Of walking down the path of life,
And making dreams come true.
I can think of nothing sweeter
Than to have you by my side,
To cherish you forever,
And in your heart abide.

There's a precious bit of heaven
In your eyes whene'ere you smile,
And it makes me very happy
Just to be with you the while.
I can hear the angels singing
When you whisper words of love,
And I thank my God in Heaven
For His precious gift of love.

I was debating with myself whether or not to share this with you, and I hope that you don't consider me to be too un-macho when I talk about Lydia.  I'm even working on a tune to go with the words, but that will have to be finalized later on.  Anyway I hope you all enjoyed reading the above words, whether married or single.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live, especially our Christian brothers and sisters in the path of that wildfire in Colorado.  Your Christian brother, Paul