[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, May 11, 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 01:34:13 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all in North America.  Hope this message isn't posted too early for some of you, as the undersigned is feeling a little sleepy right now, and I don't want to forget you.  Hope you all got your virtual security blankets that I sent you via Outlook Express.  If so, you can tuck them with you beneath the covers.  If you share a bed with your husband, wife or significant other, I hope that he/she won't mind.  Anyway I hope that your day went well.  Mine did.

Our words of poetic inspiration for this evening come from the fertile literary brain of someone I've never heard of before.  Her name is Helen M. Motti and her contribution is entitled "Prayer Will Help," rendered as follows:

The clatter and confusion
Of a city's daily life
Fills the air with stifling madness
And the heart and mind with strife.

But there is a haven waiting
If we put aside our care,
In the midst of all this turmoil
One need only turn to prayer.

For a whispered plea to Jesus
Will soon calm the tortured soul
Bringing comfort with His blessing
And His help to reach our goal.

Whatever we pursue each day
Should be with all our heart.
Let the obstacles form courage.
Let God lead us from the start.

And there you have it for this evening.  Hey, guys and gals.  I'm about to run out of security blankets.  Could one of you please send one my way, whether via snail mail or in an email via your email provider? Thanks, as I can sure use maybe one or two.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  This is the sincere desire of your Christian brother, Paul.