[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, October 4 2012 and a Profound Thanks

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:34:53 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow North Americans, and good Friday to the rest of you in other parts of this world in which we live.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or is going well.

Before I give you the last autumn poem in my collection for today, I'd like to express my profound thanks and deep appreciation for those of you who sent up prayers to the throne of grace on behalf of Carol Taylor.  Several hours ago she called me from her hospital room to inform me that the surgery was successful, but that she is in a lot of pain.  She's still attached to intravenous lines etc., but she was at least able to phone me.  She was very touched by your concerns for her.  It goes without saying that she's not out of the woods yet, but she is still in the land of the living.  As with all our prayer requests, may God get the glory.

As stated earlier, the last autumn poem in my collection was written by Loise Pinkerton Fritz, and is entitled "An Autumn Wonderland," rendered as follows:

It's an autumn wonderland
With shades of vibrant hues:
Russets, yellows, reds, and golds
And skies of cloudless blue.

Front lawns decked with painted leaves,
Some raked in towering piles;
Pumpkins sitting everywhere,
All carved with happy smiles.
Corn fields to be harvested
With cobs all hanging low;
Roadside stands with bright displays
Of harvest bounty-flow.
It's an autumn wonderland
Where vivid color reigns
With beauty that is so intense
It sets the soul aflame.

And there you have it for today.  As a final bit of humor, are pumpkins related? What I mean by that is this: There is the gas pump, the water pump, the air pump and other pumps.  So, wouldn't they all be related in terms of being pump kins? Anyway just a thought from your sometimes wacky poster.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul