[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, October 13 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 01:01:40 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow North American saints of the Most High God, and good Lord's Day to the rest of you in other parts of the world.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well today.  As this is being written, some of you are probably ensconced in your local house of Christian assembly, and I hope that you will get a good word from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday school teachers.

"I Promise" by Betty Jane Stepherson is the sermonette article for today, rendered as follows:

In Genesis God promised, "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter and day and night shall not cease" (8:22).

We all have watched the sun go down in wonderful splashes of vibrant colors.  We have seen sunrises that are so beautiful they almost take our breath away.  Sometimes we feel absolute exhilaration at the truth that this will happen again and again as long as the world lasts.

Day and night will not cease.  The day ends and night comes.  The night ends and day comes.  This was God's promise thousands of years ago.  It has never been broken.

Why, then, are we sometimes hesitant to believe His other promises? How very peaceful our lives would be if we believed His every word.

He promises, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you" (John 14:18).  How often has that promise helped us during times of stress or grief?

Knowing He left his sweet Spirit to abide in us assures us of His nearness.  It assures us that even when we yearn for the right words to say to Him but cannot find them, His Spirit knows the words and says them for us.

He has promised, "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full" (John 15:11).

Living close to Him should bring us abundant joy.  "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

"Abundant" is a beautiful word.  It means full, plentiful, running over.  That is the kind of life our Lord wants for us.  That is His promise.

We should be so full of joy in Him that those who are without Him will want the joy they see reflected in us.  They need to see that joy in us that comes from knowing God loves us and always will.

God has given us more than seven thousand promises in His Word.  We cannot separate any of these promises into true or false.  Each and every one of them is true.  When He makes a promise, He keeps that promise.

And there you have Betty's article for today.  Can we individually say that we keep all of our promises to our fellow man or woman? If we think honestly, we will have to say no.  But God forgives us for these shortcomings.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul