[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, September 8 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 00:53:58 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow North Americans and good day to the rest of you residing in other parts of the world.  I hope that your days went well today.  I'm somewhat rushed, but here is today poem by Mrs. Louise Peacock from Granada MS which, judging from her ZIP code of 38981, probably is near Memphis TN.  Anyway her poem is entitled "Lord, Let Me Plant a Seed Today," rendered as follows:

Lord, let me plant a seed today
Somewhere along my pilgrim's way,
And let that seed take root and grow
That someone else may come to know.

Just let me plant a seed of love
Or faith sent from above,
And may it, in some bosom rest
To cheer and comfort,
And to bless.
I do not care
To plant for show,
But Lord, let this heart of mine know
That in some soul,
now pure and sweet,
The seed I planted found retreat.

I care not that others know
What seed I'm planting, row by row;
>From Thee alone I seek my praise
To love and preserve me always.

Lord, someone planted a seed in me
That set this soul of mine free;
So let me plant it as I go
For Thee, O Lord,
And not for show.

And there you have it for today or evening.  Now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul