[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, September 9 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:35:32 UTC 2012

Good evening to my fellow North Americans and good day to the rest of you.  As this is being written it's the end of our Sunday, and I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you had a good day of fellowship, first and foremost with the Lord, and secondarily with the saints of the Most High God, whether that be in a local congregation or an online church.

Well, we've come to the end of the poems submitted by mostly little-known poets and poetesses as they appeared in the Christian Record Talking Magazine.  I hope that you all enjoyed their submissions, and that you appreciated the depth of their work in regards to their relationship with their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Our last and final entry in this series goes to a Mr. L.G. Strickland of Coolidge GA.  Entitled "Travel On Life's Highways," it is rendered as follows:

As I travel on life's highways
I look for a better day;
To everyone so kind and true,
Oh, I want to be that way, too.

If we live that life anew,
We can know our dreams will come true.
If we do the deeds so kind,
We know we'll have the rightful mind.

He said, "Let our light shine bright
That we may walk and talk in the light."
So let us not be blue and sad;
Lift up the heart and be glad.

O, 'tis that way of joy and song,
So let us walk hand in hand along.
Somehow we'll reach that sunny clime
In that land of joy sublime.

If we try and do our best,
We may linger in that joy of rest.
The way of life is true, you know,
So let us in faith forward go.

Ah, let this world of passion go by,
Still on the Savior rely.
Linger not in this world of doubt,
Trusting Him who'll lead you out.

And there you have it.  By the way, if there's an opportunity in a chatroom, would be glad to let you hear Mr. Strickland read this work.  And I just discovered another poem from this collection that we will present tomorrow at this time.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul