[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, September 10 2012

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:25:07 UTC 2012

I have a question, and I will also introduce myself.  My name is
Cebby (spelled with a y) and I live in north eastern Washington.
I am new to the list, and pretty new to NFB.  Although I am a
Christian, I want to hear from folks who are of other faiths too,
because we all do have a common bond in being blind.  So here is
my question.  And again, please know I don't mean to cause
trouble, I just thought I'd ask the question.  At the end of the
poem it talks about the housewife getting behind, because she is
totally blind.  I just wondered if people thought that sent out a
kind of negative message about blindness?  After all, sighted i
who do all those things get behind, too.  Is being blind a reason
that someone would be behind in getting things done?  Just a
thought, and hope to hear what some others think.    Blessings,
Debby