[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, September 28 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 01:06:35 UTC 2012

We have already come to the end of what is commonly called the workweek here in North America, although you in the land Down Under and in New Zealand are enjoying hopefully a great Saturday morning or afternoon, depending where in the world you reside.  It's still evening on this side of the "puddle," as I've heard my British friends speak of the ocean.  How was your day today? Mine was good by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Our poem for today is entitled "Goldenrod's Wealth" written by Annette Swearingen, rendered as follows:

Fall has arrived; and goldenrod,
Many hearts sing praises
For your radiant, lacy nod
On these special autumn days.
Some say you cause a constant sneeze,
But they still love you dearly;
You wave with every passing breeze,
Renewing friendships yearly.

You humbly choose the fields of home,
But proudly bear your banner;
Above the drying grass and loam,
You reign in regal manner.
Surely the name of goldenrod
Was given for a reason:
Your gold proclaims the wealth of God
All through the autumn season.

And there you have it for today.  I must confess, not being a connisseur of flowers, that, although I've heard of the goldenrod, that, to my knowledge, I've never smelled it before.  Oh well, such might await me before this season is finished for this year.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul