[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:43:42 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all of you, whether that time of day be morning, afternoon or evening.  Here in Western Hemisphere lands it is evening, and time for most of us to retire for the night, unless, of course, you happen to be a night owl.  Anyway I hope that your day is going well or went well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Again like last night, our poem for today has an unnamed author, but his/her work is entitled "A New Year's Prayer," rendered as follows:

Jesus, I cannot ask from Thee
A store of things, just let me be
A channel clean through which may flow
Thy love to others here below.

How can I ask Thee, Lord, for ease,
For friends and home, myself to please?
Just let me break the bread of life
To those who die amid the strife.

I do not ask for happiness,
Nor dare to think of mere success;
Just make me brave when I must fight
The wrong and stand with Thee for right.

But I would ask Thee for this year,
Courage to banish others' fears;
Give me Thine own great store of cheer,
That I may don another's tears.

O Christ, who died on Calvary,
Help me to bring some soul to Thee.
One, surely one, at least one, Lord,
One soul this year by grace restored.

wow, but what a prayer-poem that was, in my opinion! Actually it is the Father who draws a new believer to Jesus; we just plant the seed.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul