[Faith-talk] pray for my brother and family

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 18:46:38 UTC 2013

Andrew, let me ask you this, do you do anything around the house to help to
lighten the load for everyone, and do you try to help keep a positive mature
attitude that doesn't consist of sarcasm, guilt trips and negativity? I have
found that in serving others I find much more peace and value in life. A
pleasant attitude can go a long way. It is so easy to become a martyr who
feels victimized at every turn. I hope that you can feel empowered to be the
change you want in that home. For me, if I am a long term guest I like to do
a few things, one, remember that I am a guest and this is not my home, they
have ways and rules that I want to respect, if they go to bed  at 9 I am not
going to be up at one in the morning watching movies, that would just start
to put the first brick of a wall up between us, If they make a small
suggestion about something like, putting my towels in a certain area, I am
on it, I want to show them gratitude and make things as easy as possible. If
I am not sure about if something may bother them, I don't assume that they
will like it like I do, or even could stand it. If I take a shower I make
sure that nobody needs to use it. I try to ease into taking part in
household responsibilities, changing the trash, doing dishes, making coffee,
putting the dogs in and out, raking leaves, and shoveling snow and so on.
Believe me, when we have that Servants heart like Christ, people want you to
stay with them, they want to be around you, and they want to do things for
you as well.

HTH