[Faith-talk] recommended books

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 04:01:55 UTC 2014

Hi Ashley, I know that Max Lucado books are on BARD, and also
Bookshare.  Perhaps Audible dot com, too.  As for the Shack, I
respectfully disagree with you, Linda.  The author used some
imagination when He wrote The Shack, but there is nothing
different than C.S.  Lewis portraying Jesus as Aslan a Lion.
When I first began reading The Shack, I was a little shocked but
the more I read, the more I recognized God.  He never wrote the
book as a "literal" portrayal of God.  As for 90 Minutes in
Heaven, and Heaven Is For Real, I see nothing unscriptural about
either of those books.  I guess it depends on how you view
Scripture.  If you believe that every word is totally literally
true, then no, you will not like The Shack, and be skeptical
about books like Heaven Is For Real and 90 Minutes in Heaven.
Blessings,    Debby and Neena