[Faith-talk] developmental delay among the blind

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:04:22 UTC 2014

Well, I don't think it's as simple as those blind from birth and
those who became blind later on.  Truly there are blind people
who have developmental delays.  But that doesn't mean that you
can't live a great life.  I think it's good to know our
limitations so we either can accept them for what they are, work
on overcoming them if that's possible, and if it's not, know that
we aren't all going to be great scientists and stuff like that.
Knowing someone with possible Asperger's, I am certain when she
grows up that she will not totally be able to be on her own.  She
will need some kind of supervision.  Hopefully though, she will
be able to have a full and happy life.  So Beth, have you talked
to your parents about Blake? Do they know that you really love
him? Are they convinced that he really loves you? Don't shut them
out of your life.  My mom is a thousand miles away and I miss her
so much sometimes that it hurts.  My dad passed away in 1990.  I
remember being young and I didn't think about what it would be
like when they're gone.  Thank God that I will see my mom in less
than a month.  So please, don't shut your parents out.  I'm
guessing they love you very much.    Blessings,    Debby and
Neena