[Faith-talk] off topic question

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 03:24:16 UTC 2014

First off, What Dating service do you plan to join, and have you researched
it?
Now, to the good stuff.
Plenty of Christians have joined online dating sites; possibly the premiere
site for such is Christian Mingle.com. There are millions of Christians on
these sites, and I haven't heard that big G has a problem with it yet. It is
hard for us to get from point A to point b to the various social groups and
functions sometimes, and that can improve your odds in finding a mate.
While you will find that the Blind have succeeded in online dating, it is my
experience, and the opinion of others that we will receive many times even
worse discrimination than to our faces.  As a blind man, women usually
disregarded me as a viable mate when they saw I was blind.  Many times, they
would completely block my profile without even responding.  I got a lot of
email from women completely outside of my preferences.  While I wouldn't
give up any of my experiences online, my success was terrible.  I used
match.com; I don't know about the other sights.  Keep in mind that on match,
the chat, as well as other features were inaccessible. I have only looked a
little bit at Christian mingle recently; it seemed accessible, but the bells
and whistles may not be.  You'll have to try it.  I put that I was blind in
my profile.  I can't hide it; my eyes tell the story.  One is smaller than
the other, and it is visible if you look.  I would say that if your visual
impairment is not visible on camera, in other words, if your eyes or
something else does not give you away, then don't include in on your
profile; you are under no obligation to disclose anything you don't want
too. You will probably get more initial interest that way.  On the other
hand, if your eyes give you away, then you might as well tell them; you
probably will not get much interest, but your single now anyway.  The hope
is that any interest you get is genuine.  I say, go for it.  You are
obviously single anyway; do something different. One and 4 relationships
begin online.