[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:28:55 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you all, no matter where in this world you happen to be.  I hope that your day, morning, afternoon or evening are going well.

Today's daily thought message is going to be a rather unusual one in that I'm going to give you the words of a Gospel song written some 97 years ago in 1917.  I heard these words and tune originally on an old acoustic Victor record made probably around the time the hymn was written, and have been looking for the lyrics for over 50 years.  The other day thanks to someone reading this, I found them and am about to share them with you.  The title in question is "When the World Forgets," written by Alfred H. Ackley, probably more familiar to you by his perhaps more famous song "He Lives" written in 1933.  Anyway here are the words, and, although little known, I hope that they will be a blessing to you, especially if you have lost a loved one or perhaps a favorite pet.

1.  Are the days of long ago far sweeter than today?
Has the love that once you new grown cold and passed away?
You may know the blessing of His presence if you will,
Gladness still awaits you, for the Saviour loves you still.

Refrain:  Jesus remembers, He remembers you!
Other friends may fail you, He is always true.
He will heal your broken heart, burdened with regrets,
Jesus still remembers when the world forgets.

2.  You are not forgotten when your heart is weighed with woe,
There is One who loves you more than you can ever know;
He who wore the crown of thorns and died on Calvary,
Suffering nameless anguish, waits to comfort you and me.

Refrain:

3.  Has the hand of death removed some loved one from your sight?
Has the fairest day of earth been turned to darkest night?
God who gave His only Son to comfort the distressed
Calls to thee, "O heavy laden, come to Me and rest."

Refrain:

And there are the words which, although little sung nowadays, hopefully were a blessing to you.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul

P.S.  Sorry I couldn't attach an audio file or something so that you could hear the tune, but maybe some thing can be arranged.  I don't know yet how to create such attachments, and email directions just won't cut it, so the only way this can be done is via phone, for those of you who have my number.