[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, May 8, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:33:31 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you on this wonderful day weatherwise here in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. with temperatures very nice outside.  Sorry to be a little late, but I was waiting till the plumbers came to collect my debit card information.  However, as of now they haven't been here, so am going to give you the daily thought article for today.

If you are or were a grandmother, you will especially enjoy this little contribution written by an unknown lady who, as you will learn at the very end of her piece, was herself a grandmother.  Sorry guys, but these are very intimate thoughts, hopes and prayers for a grandma on the arrival of her grandchild.  It is entitled "Covered With Prayer" and is rendered as follows:

My precious one,

In celebration of your arrival I've made you a special gift, called a prayer blanket.  When you are covered with it, know that you are covered in prayer.  Each tiny stitch represents a prayer prayed for you.  Here are my ten prayers for you.

1.  Like a ball of yarn that turns into a beautiful blanket, God has a beautiful plan for your life.

I pray you discover it (Jeremiah 1:5).

2.  This blanket is made with my human hands.  But you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" by divine hands.

I pray you will know how special you are to God (Psalm 139:14).

3.  If I miss a stitch, the blanket will unravel.  God has wonderful plans for every step of your life.

I pray you will look to Him for His plan and that, even when we as your family miss a stitch or make a mistake, God can redeem that as we trust Him (Proverbs 28:13).

4.  If I go back and correct a stitch, the blanket won't be "holey." (Screen reader users, spell the last word in the last sentence, otherwise it won't make much sense).  If you go back and confess your sins, your life will be holy.

I pray you will have the courage to confess wrongdoing so you can live a holy life (1 John 1:9).

5.  This blanket has many stitches, but they are nothing compared to the number of thoughts God has toward you.

I pray you will think about God and know He thinks about you (Psalm 139:17).

6.  It took three strands wrapped together to make a strong yarn for this blanket.  It will take three parts (you, your family and God) to make a strong life for you.  And it will take three divine parts of God to keep you together.

I pray you will depend on God and your family (Ecclesiastes 4:12).

7.  The border on this blanket protects the blanket from becoming misshapen.  God wants to put a border around your life to keep you safe from harm.

I pray you will stay within the borders God sets for you (Job 1:10).

8.  My hope for this prayer blanket is to keep you warm and secure.  How much more is God's plan! He wants to give you a "future and a hope."

I pray you will always put your hope in God (Jeremiah 29:11).

9.  When you are covered by this blanket, know you are covered in love and prayer.  God also wants to cover you with the love of His Son.

I pray you will come to love Jesus at an early age (John 14:21).

10.  Although you will outgrow this blanket,

I pray you will never want to outgrow your need for God (I John 4:1-17).

Love,
Your grandmother

See, I told you that it was intimate.  Wonder if, when you were born, if your Grandmother ever expressed similar sentiments about you? Well, perhaps your Mom would have mentioned that to you.  I know my Grandma on my Mom's side did, even though she died at age 78 when I was only six months old.  Hope you all enjoyed this contribution today.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul