[Faith-talk] Don't Love; Be Love

Poppa Bear via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 20:09:18 UTC 2014

I like a lot of this Brandon. Let me ask you this, are you leaving out the
things that God hates as you quote from the Bible? Never the less, I like
much of what you are saying, even though I feel that it is not complete.
Also when I take into account nature, science, relationships and millions
upon millions of other things that surround us each second of the day, they
all have conditions and those aren't things that have to be bad, or take
away from love, they can allow us to be safe, wise, productive and maintain
healthy relationships, ethics, safety standards and more. Yet, the Bible
does say that it is love that will "cover a multitude of sins," I think that
you do have the Spirit of love here. Here is another thing, the height of
love is forgiveness according to the Bible, IE, the work on the Cross. This
forgiveness has the elements, of justice, hate, love and mercy all entwined
and when those concepts are left out, I think that love can become more warm
and fluffy in some way, and not what the Savior brought to Calvary.