[Faith-talk] some updates on Nick, and my day summarized

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:52:38 UTC 2015

Perhaps some of us have missed some earlier emails.  Please Beth,
articulately explain how this group home has abused Nick.  You
say he cannot have an iphone.  Well, they are expensive.  Perhaps
Nick doesn't have enough money for one.  You say that Nick has to
follow rules, and can't talk to his girlfriend.  Please explain
why.  Why was Nick placed in the group home in the first place?
Who made the decision? Has Nick been on his own before? If so,
what happened? If I were a pastor of his church, I would want to
know these things.  I have seen people who absolutely should NOT
be on their own.  Not just because they can't do stuff on their
own, but because they are vulnerable and people have taken
advantage of them.  Please don't misunderstand me here.  No one
should be abused, and if that is happening then there are good
ways to handle these things.  Getting the media involved may
indeed have to be done.  But we need to use prudence.  And if I
were a pastor, I would want to know more facts.  People get
excited and emotional about when they hear someone is in a bad
situation.  Believe me, I will and have advocated for people who
were not getting what they needed.  But I had all my facts, and
eventually did get what was needed to happen.    Blessings,
Debby and Neena