[Faith-talk] Healing and Faith

Christine Olivares rafael4490 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:02:34 UTC 2015

Hi Debbie,
I used to be one of those who believed that I, as a Christian, had the right to be healed, too. You have to understand that I grew up yes, Catholic, but in the charismatic movement. So naturally, I got prayed over often, and I have even had healing through the laying on o f hands. In fact, one of my major miracles was a spiritual healing that was healed through a priest praying for my physical healing. Anyway since I grew up like that, I had an unhealthy approach for healing.

Don’t get me wrong, I still believe in healing, but there is so much more than just a physical issue. As brandon said, we all die, so the whole person, especially the spiritual person is the most important to pay attention to. However, I still do ask for healing, but in the mean time, I am content with the way I am. It’s like taking a pain killer for a headache: you take it, and if it works, great and if not, fine.

I must say the past couple of years were very difficult since I am now in chronic eye pain due to my glaucoma, and there is nothing that has helped. I was in some very dark places, and I am still in chronic pain often, but I have learned so much from it. Yes, I would love for it to leave and I hope it does, but in the mean time, I must be needing to learn something. God, in His mercy and timing will do what He will.

God bless,
Christine