[Faith-talk] Whose Hands

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Aug 2 16:47:27 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings once again to most of you on the second day of
August.  Hope your day is going well, and that my fellow compatriots
are doing good in terms of keeping cool, by God's matchless grace and
His providential care.

The very short piece below is one that I'll be reading on my radio
program on the Radio Reading Network of Maryland.  Although short, it's
very poignant in my opinion, and I hope you agree.

A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.00.  A basketball is
Michael Jordan's hands is worth about $33 million.  It depends whose
hands it's in.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.00.  A baseball in Mark
McGuire's hands is worth about $19 million.  It depends whose hands it's in.

A rod in my hands may keep a wild animal away.  A rod in Moses' hands
will part the mighty sea.  It depends whose hands it's in.

A slingshot in my hands is a child's toy.  A slingshot in David's hands
is a mighty weapon.  It depends whose hands it's in.

Two fish and five loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish
sandwiches.  Two fish and five loaves in God's hands will feed
thousands.  It depends whose hands it's in.

Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse.  Nails in Christ's hands
will produce salvation for the entire world.  It depends whose hands it's in.

As you see now, it depends whose hands it's in.  So put your concerns,
your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your families, and
your relationships in God's hands because ... IT DEPENDS WHOSE HANDS
IT'S IN!!!!

And there you have today's uplifting and encouraging article.  Although
I don't know the author, I hope and pray that what he/she wrote was a
blessing for you.

I've had long associations with several people over the last six years,
and in all that time I feel that my soul has been in these precious
people's hands.  This is something that I find hard to explain, but I
thank you several special people for "soul-adopting" me into your
fellowship circle.  You just have no idea what your spoken words in
various chatrooms have meant to me personally.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
another chosen contribution will be posted, may the God of Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in
these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul