[Faith-talk] Have You Ever Wondered?

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Wed Aug 3 16:45:34 UTC 2016

Here is your article for today, taken from a booklet entitled
Reflective Moments.  Hope you find the questions mentioned herein
thought-provoking as well as a blessing.

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most, saying something and
wishing you hadn't, or saying nothing and wishing you had?

I guess the most important things are the hardest things to say.

Don't be afraid to tell someone you love them.  If you do, they might
break your heart; if you don't, you might break theirs.

Have you ever decided not to become a couple because you were so afraid
of losing what you already had with that person? Your heart decides
whom it likes and whom it doesn't.

You can't tell your heart what to do.  It does it on its own, when you
least suspect it, or even when you don't want it to.

Have you ever wanted to love someone with everything you had, but that
other person was too afraid to let you?

too many of us stay walled up because we are too afraid to care too
much, for fear that the other person does not care as much, or even at all.

Have you ever denied your feelings for someone because your fear of
rejection was too hard to handle?

We tell lies when we are afraid, afraid of what we don't know, afraid
of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.
But every time we tell a lie, the thing we fear grows stronger.

Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump.  Don't be a person
who has to look back and wonder what they would have done, or could have had.

What would you do if every time you fell in love you had to say goodbye?

What would you do if every time you wanted someone they would never be there?

What would you do if your best friend died tomorrow and you never got
to tell them how you felt, even if it is that you don't care anymore?

What would you do if you loved someone more than ever and you couldn't
have them?

What would you do if you never got the chance to say I am friends with
all of my family and they know I love them?

People live, but people die.  And I want to tell you that you are a
friend.  If you died tomorrow (God forbid), you would be in my heart.
Would I be in yours?

The foregoing for me was so intimate, personal and private when I first
read it that I literally had to stop and think for at least an hour
after reading it for the first time.  Don't know about you, but I was
glad to share these thoughts by an unknown author with you.

Before I close, a praise report is in order.  Don't know if the name of
Thomas Williamson rings a bell for you, but in case it does the praise
report is that his wife Linda, after about two years of hospitalization
and rehabilitation, has finally come home to join her husband.  I had
the chance yesterday and today to talk with her, and she sounded very
enthusiastic on both occasions.  To those of you who don't know either
Thomas or Linda, you have to believe me that they are the most
"together" couple I've ever known.  They are from Jackson, Mississippi.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing an
article featuring a little girl will be posted, may the God of Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in
these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul