[Faith-talk] {Spam?} Daily Thought for Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Wed Jun 8 17:38:10 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings from a more normal temperature here in the
Baltimore-Washington metro area, even though weather people say it's
below normal, but it's just the temperature I like.  I hope that you
are all doing well today, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

The following short article has no author attached to it, but I think
it's a good one.  It is entitled "The Value of Friends," rendered as follows:

A variety of friends who are all so different in character? How is it
possible that I can get along with them all? I think that each one
helps to bring out a "different" part of me.

With one of them I am polite.  With another I joke.  I can sit down and
talk about serious matters with one.  With another I laugh a lot.  I
listen to one friend's problems.  Then I listen to another one's advice
for me.  My friends are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.  When
completed, they form a treasure box.  A treasure of friends!

They are my friends who understand me better than I understand myself.
They're friends who support me through good days and bad.  Real Age
doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.  Dr. Oz calls
them Vitamin F (for Friends), and counts the benefits of friends as
essential to our well being.

Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of
depression and terminal strokes.  If you enjoy Vitamin F constantly you
can be up to 30 years younger than your real age.  The warmth of
friendship stops stress and, even in your most intense moments, it
decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.  I'm so
happy that I have a stock of Vitamin F!

In summary, we should value our friends and keep in touch with them.
We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together and
pray for each other in the tough moments.  Some of my friends are
friends on line.  I know I am part of theirs because their names appear
on my computer screen every day and I feel blessed that they care as
much for me as I care for them.

Thank you for being one of my Vitamins!

Well, whoever you are who wrote this short article, on behalf of those
who will read it from my group and individual distribution lists, thank
you for sharing with us a glimpse of your innermost secrets with us.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
another Daily Thought message and article will be posted, may the God
of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul