[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, June 9, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Thu Jun 9 15:33:04 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings once again to most of you on this Thursday or, for
you in Australia and New Zealand as this message is being written, a
good Friday.  I hope that your day is going well, by God's matchless
grace and His providential care.

As many of you know, later today I'm taking Paratransit transportation
to visit my blind friend Denise for several hours.  Among the things
I'm bringing her are two poems by Fanny Crosby that, to my knowledge,
have never been set to music.  Today I'm posting one of them.  It was
writen on January 13, 1892 and is entitled "Kindly Words," rendered as
follows, with a chorus line attached to it:

1.  Speak kindly words, whose gentle tones
May soothe another's woe,
That stay perhaps the silent tears
That only God can know.

Chorus:  A little word, that none can hear,
But those to whom 'tis said,
May bring a wanderer to the fold,
And lift a drooping head.

2.  Speak kindly words, for only these
Would e'er the lost reclaim;
O speak them for the Master's sake,
And trusting in His name.

Chorus:

If we but knew the hearts that yearn
For kindness every day,
>From those we pass unheeded now
We would not turn away.

Chorus:

And there you have this poem which I trust was a blessing for you, and
hopefully our precious Sister Denise will also likewise enjoy reading
it.  By the way, I just got a phone call from her stating that her mom
made some spaghetti, so we will also be partaking in a simple common
meal together.

One of you has expressed a wish to read more of Fanny Crosby's poems,
so this is just one example of her hymn poems not set to music, to the
best of my knowledge.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing another daily
thought message and article will be posted, may the God of Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in
these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul

By the way, I'll be there for about three hours.  Denise has no
computer, so don't contact her that way.  However, I'll ask if she
would like to hear from any of you good people and, if she gives her
okay, will post it, but only privately to those of you who would like
to be a friend to her.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul