[Faith-talk] {Spam?} Life and Religion, Faith in action

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:32:42 UTC 2016

Life and religion, faith in action

Dear steadfast readers, welcome to the second edition of life and religion.

We inshallah will continue what we have started. Last time, I talked in general about the importance of putting faith into significant engagement. After the beginning of the twenty first century, people from various nations sought to develop interfaith dialog.

Within these several attempts, there were two major obstacles.

First, people from different religions started to either exaggerate in compliment or to breach basics of tolerance. Both are discarded. Second, these attempts were quite haphazard and spontaneous. They had no plan of action. Often when you miss organization, these scrutinies sadly turn into inflammation, something close to how current US presidential debates are presented, ahem, sorry about that.

Third, there is no priority. In typical interfaith dialog, controversial subjects are usually brought into discussion. I think we need to prioritise what and how to discuss.

In this piece of composition, I will humbly attempt to just clarify a bit the purpose of having interfaith dialog. At its inception, I call the typical debate between different religions an interfaith tension. I myself was a poor victim of this until quite recently. Therefore, I may humbly attempt to critically redefine what may we possibly mean by, interfaith dialog. So, What is interfaith? Interfaith is the constant communication between two religious groups. What is a dialog? A dialog is an extended conversation held between two parties for mutual interest.

So, If we wanted to accurately redefine interfaith dialog, we may possibly say:

It is a widened conversation between two religious parties, dedicated to establish genuine mutuality. It will be tremendously preposterous if we intend to discuss controversial issues in interfaith dialog. That will easily worsen the situation at the very beginning. Therefore, we may equally abide by tension avoidance strategy. What does that mean? It basically means to avert any potential scenario that involves latent hostility. In order to implement this prosperously, we must prevent discussing subjects that are quite provocative in nature. We may rather discuss subjects that are intended to bring religions closer. There are plenty of them. Such as the purpose of life, how to serve God? How to worship? What are the principles of religious contribution? The threat of pornography and so on. I urge religious leaders to meet up for discussing these subjects and more.

Interfaith conventions are expected to exhibit religious tolerance and mutual appreciation. It also clears up misapprehension. I felicitously would love to meet with Coptic priests here in Cairo. We may discuss religious concerns, we may agree and disagree but, we should never turn our disagreement into confrontation.

As I always confirm, religion is the centre of knowing about different cultures. So instead of sounding accusatory, we may rather listen to what people say. Let each and every religion be presented to you by its believers. It’s not similar if you hear about a particular religion from its adherents versus its bigots. They may give you the same amount of information but, the impact you get from each one is gravely different. The believer in a particular religion has always something positive to tell you. He can explain things you may find odd or a bit awkward to bear.

Well in addition to the bigot, he will probably express hate and misery. His thoughts are vastly cataclysmic and they mostly are assaultive. This is why you often see Islam viewed negatively in the western culture and particularly in the United States.

Once I was sitting with some friends, one of them was telling his sister that if she travelled overseas and especially to the western world, it is okay if she needed to take Hijab off, because that may ease the situation a little bit. Westerns are not sufficiently familiar with  women dressed that way, he added. Of course, I snickered and commented, this is religiously incorrect. Where did you get this from? I continued to remark that westerns are quite familiar with seeing a Muslim woman dressed that way. Yes but, it is a bit inconvenient for them, he hesitatingly argued. Well, then it is primarily their problem, I firmly rebutted. This is what bigotry does. It essentially affects those who have incompetency or weakness in their allegiance to their faith.

Thence, it is substantially crucial to securely reestablish the principles of interfaith dialog on the basis of intercultural communication. This is why we need to totally avoid prejudice. Even if you do not understand why a person does certain things, you may either ask about that politely or preferably, just refrain from interfering. That way, your communication with other religions will always be quite positive and enlightening.

As I said before, I have been subjected to this horridness for quite awhile and I can fairly speak about its numerous disadvantages.

How to make interfaith dialog a success?

It is not so difficult if we always think in a positive way. We need to teach our children about the common principles of all religions. Between all religions, you will find lots in common. So for instance, Islam and Mormonism mutually emphasise on the importance of family and They both prohibit alcoholism. Judaism, Christianity and Islam, they equally prohibit deceit, bribery, usury, adultery, inebriation, murder, suicide, illicit bargains and indulgence. Religions repudiate  unsolicited castigation.

 As religious people, we need to utterly refrain from pronouncing anathematization. Previously, I WAS ASKED ABOUT THE STANCE from infidels in Islam. I rectified that term, I said we call them disbelievers or singularly, kafir. It is a transliterated word, it is a noun  and it means disbeliever. Kafir is obliviously manipulated in major English dictionaries. The term kafir etymologically means the one who is hid or concealed. Theologically, it means the one who either deliberately or incidentally enshrouded his origin with one of these various beliefs. We shouldn’t also forget that each and every religion considers those who do not embrace its tenets  disbelievers. That should have not been offending to anyone. It is utterly matter of theological expression and conviction.

Therefore, we desperately demand to relentlessly advocate for interreligious maturity. I used to fervently watch these outrageous debates, where they bring two speakers from each side. Their role is to carry on arguing with each other concerning a particular subject. Typically, these arguments commence quite cheerfully and gradually, they intemperately turn into unbearable zealotry and disruption. It eventually becomes quite filled with negative and detestable rhetoric. It is perfectly a state of disgrace and bigotry. Shouldn’t we perhaps substitute the essence of interfaith communication? Whenever I heard one of these heated clashing debates, I felt so ungainly, I could not plow the situation properly. Perhaps I should have not used that term, silly me.

These debates are often repleted with zealous and they doubtlessly lead to no significant conclusion.

Thence, we ought to inspiringly campaign for substantial shift of interest. We have been focused for awhile on points of disagreement and it is fairly time to focus on the opposite for better future.

With this mass flow of secular intrusion, religion is eminently threatened with being possibly depleted. Therefore, we must instantly dismiss our dissensions and focalize our aim on mutual interest. It really doesn’t matter whether Jesus was or wasn’t crucified. These superfluous debates won’t ever work. We may rather stick with the positive aspect, which critically asserts, that Muslims and Christians, they mutually revere Jesus, each one on his own terms. If we maintain a constant state of mutual discernment, our perception of religion will presumptively be altered into boosting connotation.

With these sentimental statements, I  aim to sedately restitute the role of religion. You Christians may not believe in Muhammad as a prophet and I may not believe in the divinity of Christ but still, it’s our role as religious communities to fight against jeopardy, prejudice, parody and bigotry. After the appearance of the offensive Danish cartoon about prophet Muhammad, the United Nations acted quite skeptically toward ratifying a draft which criminalises religious sacrilege of any kind. Their justification was that it may restrict western freedom of expression. As I said on multiple occasions previously, there is a vast difference between the right to freely criticize and the use of effective rhetoric to detestably dehumanize and demonise someone. Frankly, I think the west doesn’t want to clear up the minor confusion concerning this. There is a vast difference between criticizing Hadith and the improper, discourteous statements that we find some Christian apologists say about prophet Muhammad. For instance, pedophile, sodomy and so on. These offensive terms are repeatedly said about prophet Muhammad, yet they are protected with the fraudulent definition of free speech. It is a deliberately verbal offence. If we really want to mutually respect each other, we must equally declare religious desecration demonic. At the same time, I know dozens of Christian pastors who teach tolerance and respect to other people. As a devout Muslim, I may find it blasphemous commending something like Easter because it implicitly signifies approbatory of  a disposed doctrine in my religion. It is declined in my religion to recognize what Easter is meant for. At the same time, I totally believe in the Christian absolute right to openly celebrate this religious affair. I may not like what Easter is meant for but, I won’t deny Christians their right to celebrate it. I may theologically criticize Christianity but, I won’t ever denounce or ridicule what Christians believe in. The United States provides alleged asylum for counterfeit persecution claimers. There are many Christians here in Egypt and other arab countries, who visit their local U.S embassies, they pretend religious persecution in their communities so they can be conveniently granted a visa and a permanent residence in the States. I am aware of specific cases but, I do not want to make a fuss. It’s enough to just point out at these incidents as plain instances of provoking religious tense and thus, hate and sectarianism.

As soon as they arrive and settle there, they appear in right-wing Protestant broadcasts to talk about their past as questionably, former Muslims. They say they were terrorists etc, they may say anything to gain celebrity and thus, greed and abundance.  They practice knavery, they use their rhetoric to spread hate and to purposely recruit sectarian strife.    I  may ask American lawmakers to constitute a legislation that enjoins  probing such claims. If these claims were probed properly, officials may heavily be appalled with the unexpected result. Many of these claims if not all are quite ostentatious. At the same time, I must work on eliminating religious extremism and the exaggerating tone Of caution toward Christians in general. We must hold the cane from the middle, we ought to be conscious but not steep.

If we succeeded on maintaining this moderate temperament, I am sure inshallah that religion in general will definitely be experienced quite differently. There are zealous in every faith. Islam is not excluded. There are Muslim clerics who hold radical and possibly, intolerable views about others in general. The western media, however, it deliberately inflates their portrait, so they may look outstanding which is duplicitous. In this editorial, I just meant to eliminate tension and misapprehension.

I think we need to redress such issues with unfaltering transparency. Of course, there are  imams who hate Christians and they may most likely provoke negativity against them. Simultaneously, the vast majority of Muslim scholars and edified clerics disapprove this inimical and friendless approach. Yes, I may possibly suspend commending certain Christian holidays but, I won’t ever give credit to maltreatment or intolerance. If a Muslim oppressed a Christian, I will emphatically stand firm with the wronged. The value of justice is indispensable in Islam.  The Noble Koran explicitly states on multiple occasions, that your dislike of some people shouldn’t deter you from seeking justice, be just, that is nearer to piety, the Koran affirms. Furthermore, the Koran DOESN’t prohibit communicating with those who did not fight us in our religion or drove Muslims out of their home that we be just and dutiful to them. That is explicitly taught in the scripture.

 However, there is a trend in some Christian broadcasts which tend to deliberately misquote  verses of Jihad. I noticed many claims that the Koran ordains its followers to kill all Jews and Christians. Well, my neck is on the line for this. I challenge anyone to find me the wording kill all Jews and Christians. There are couple of verses which says, kill them wherever you find them. Both verses are typically used out of context to staggeringly provoke outrage against Muslims. It is not the proper occasion to refute the misconception about these two verses. There are plenty of authentic sources which have done this quite perfectly. These sources are  available online for those who are interested to check out.

 To  avoid being misapprehended, I do not seek ingratiation with this. I recognize that we as Muslims are despised in the west for racial motives and for miserable acts that we get ourselves into. Many of us have no significant alliance to their identity and thus, they are lost between their pedigree and the foreign culture which they strenuously are attempting to imitate. Therefore, we must be really careful as we communicate with other cultures. For us as Muslims, religion is the centre by which we become either truehearted or disloyal. Religion in the west is enormously obnubilated. It’s due to excessively deifying philistinism and religion used for repression in medieval era,   religion became a subject of mockery. Despite many people identifying themselves as Christians in the west, they still are affected with common social customs. Such as engaging in illicit relationships, as of boyfriend and girlfriend, drinking, partying and so on. Religion doesn’t affect life in the west unless you are really persistent. Religion is meant to authoritatively incite moral values and estimable principles. Approximately, all religions mutually enjoin these concepts but, compliance tend to vary from place to another. It is not enough to advirtise religious slogans but more crucially, is to practice what we preach. I have sinned against my preaching on some occasions. This is why I persist to earnestly repent. This is what religion does, it cleanses our spirits until we are sufficiently competent to perceive a relevant affiliation with the  celestial realm. It is a transitional phase at the moment. So for instance, the notoriously controversial republican presidential candidate Donald Trump earns a fortune in countenance. Whether his prettifying rhetoric, his pride or fraudulence that convinces people, I really don’t care. If he wants to bann us from entering the US, well I won’t ever seek to go there in the first place. I am not particularly one of those who desperately stand in front of a U.S embassy, dying to get a visa. Americans like to think of their country as a common refuge for financially frustrated individuals. Well, it might be to moneyless people. Well, for pious people, money isn’t just everything. That’s the distinct difference between gain and loss. Those who seek money in all ways are ultimately going to lose. Money is not everything. Well, for some people, it is. I treat money as a legal tender, just a medium of exchange. But, it is not a gain for me to be moneyed. I just would like to earn moderately. That’s my purpose of all my commercial or business transactions.

In addition to nymphomania, Islam enjoins us to totally refrain from everything that is beguiling. Islam stresses on the critical importance of refraining from everything that is salacious including visual, audible and readable material. Therefore, fasting is constantly recommended and it is highly encouraged in Islam to get married as early as possible. This is to avoid illicit sensualism. Many people flee brutal turmoil and poverty here in the Middle East. Lots of them sold their religion for temporal pursuits. Due to media impact and political dominance, religion is quite fragile, even here in Egypt. We see women taking Hijab off after wearing it for quite awhile. We see bunch of Muslims abandoning sacred elements to secularized views. It is a substantial phenomenon to behold. Many people find it so easy to disregard religion. It is a tribulation. Well, as I said before, I won’t ever be affected with that. My statements here or in any other piece of composition I have written are meant to ensure my certitude and placid temperament. The Noble Koran is the predominant paradigm for us to follow. It signifies the statute of proof and guidance. As Ramadan approaches, it is quite crucial to intensify our involvement in righteous deeds. Despite the global state of incertitude, we as Muslims ought to be firm and confident. Religion must resemble the major factor which comprises our concepts, fundamentals and dimensions. Spatially, religion is the guiding source. Life without religion is like a deadbody. Religion in the western world may not be as influential on daily life pursuits as it is here. Most of the time, it is portraiture. Despite disarray, I am not with the lunatic  fringe that okays mass slay. I also won’t abandon my faith due to any sort of pressure. I am felicitous with what Allah blessed me with. I never claimed anything near perfection. I constantly commit mistakes and I strive on improving myself all the time. This is what religion is expected to do. Religion cleanses the spirit and it prevents the one of us to be blustered. It critically enjoins deference and tranquility. Some people assume we are desperately demanding to imitate them on everything they do. Well, I feel sorry for those who unthinkingly follow the west. I truly pray for them. I even began to question some social customs that I myself find them alien. Well, things as of birthday celebration and so on. Some consider me extremist, just because I fairly question the propriety of celebrating these imported customs.

I find those who blindly attempt to imitate the west are a bit flustered. I stridently reprimand those who absurdly assimilate the western character. I inculpate them of  perfidy. I at the same time pray earnestly for Donald Trump’s flawless failure. It is time for this balloon to just blast. I indispose  him for taking charge. Donald Trump is like a balloon. He is intemperately arrogant and he is adequate to sign the contract of his country’s unparalleled obliteration if he ungraciously won. Do you know why Trump is a constant frontrunner despite his tremendous imbecility? It’s because he purposely vowed to bann all Muslims from entering the United States. Well, that’s a deal, mister president. I truly endorse Trump to overbearingly inflate that balloon until it eventually blasts on his face. He already made big promises to reform economy, to build the wall, to secure the borders and to end terror. Well, I quite know them when they run for president, they make all usual and unusual promises and when they win, you never see them again. Politicians in general are incredibly dishonest.

As a Muslim, I do not care about anything but my identity. I would like to correct a common mistake. It is quite common to the extent that a BBC presenter said it unknowingly. Muslims believe in a god called Allah. That’s nescience. I was taken aback. It was said in a popular educational podcast called 6 minute English. I want to correct that misinformation. We do not believe in a god called Allah. We, just like Jews and Christians, believe in the One true God, His proper name is Allah. Arab Christians call Jesus the son of Allah. I had to plainly clarify that misconception. If you obtained an Arabic translation of the Bible and opened the first page on Genesis, you will clearly find the word God with upper case translated as Allah. This is how just ignorant many people are. Here is a BBC presenter, he doesn’t know this piece of information very accurately, what a shame. Our religion is constantly misrepresented whether deliberately or incidentally. The BBC incident was fairly inadvertent though. At the same time,  there are still some people who truly care to ask about what they don’t know. I commend an E-Mail sent by a respectful Christian friend, asking me how to treat the Koran with respect when highlighting certain passages for query or scrutiny. Her name is Pia. Pia is nice, educated, civil, respectful and truly devout to her faith. She acts dismissively of those incompetent evangelists who really aren’t more than typical southern zealots. She adequately represents her faith in action. Pia is different. She shares her faith with genuine devotion. She is really a true Christian. As I mentioned before, I may not necessarily agree with her on everything but, she stands on a solid ground when it comes to interfaith dialog. Our discussion may have got enthusiastic at some point but, we never lost our mutual deference. I genuinely adore her fertile intellect, her shiny mind and her brilliant interest to learn as well as to educate others.

Pia prosperously resembles faith in confidence, allegiance, tolerance and deference. Paul SMITH IS A RESPECTFUL Christian from Baltimore. He faithfully writes his daily devotions to a mailing list that belongs to one of his Christian fellows in the States. Those are really fine and respectful people. At the same time, we must not forget that there  are many right-wing evangelists who are prejudiced. Now, some people may possibly think I am contradicting myself. I speak about patience and tolerance in some segments and then, I speak stridently. Well, I think I may need to clarify this a little bit. I draw harsh criticism to those who act hatefully and intolerantly. I recognize respectful people such as Pia but, that doesn’t mean I will change my mind about the United States.

The history of this country proves to be massively despicable concerning its foreign policy here in the Muslim region. They generally do not care about democracy or stability in our countries. They just look after their interests. I do not mean politicians here. I mean most of those who are involved with cultural exchange programs etc, they work to somehow indoctrinate their views. They may do  that nicely and diplomatically but still, their purpose is to make us forget our religion and who we are. Thus far, our role is to express disapproval and repudiation to their deceitful rhetoric. In the midst of this, we ought to justly exclude those who are not actually involved in this battle. I SEPARATE THEM BUT, I WON’T CHANGE MY TUNE TO SOUND fallaciously FRIENDLY. I’LL BE disingenuous THEN. I JUSTLY RECOGNISE THOSE WHO ARE INNOCENT AND I censure severely those who initially engaged in hostile disposal. I may sound quite uncongenial at some point but, I certainly do not mean those who aren’t involved in hostility. Our opinions may vary and, religious tolerance doesn’t teach negative submissiveness, cowardly obedience, timidity and fearfulness. I do not buy this. Our faith tells us clearly to sternly respond to hostilely disposal and to treat those of innocence leniently. They think it somehow contradicts with preaching tolerance. Well, tolerance doesn’t mean to allow people insult you and just watch. I know that  some of you may not necessarily agree with this. Well, I never expected each and everyone to agree or disagree. I think it’s quite natural to  have various opinions. That signifies diversity in approaching, fluctuation in intensity,  priorities and cultural background. I just dislike exaggeration in flattery. Let me give you couple of examples. In March  2011, just right after the protest against former president Husni Mubarack which led to his disposition or resignation, depending on the narrative. At that time, I was taking theological classes at a place called (Al-arqom) institute. They taught religious subjects in English. One of our instructors there obtained his PHD from the U.S. He told us about an  American reporter whom he was in contact with during his residence there. He said  she was interested to cover the revolution from the perspective of youth, and particularly, those who study religion. Prior to her visit, he sent us an E-mail that contained the description of her visit to the institute and some of the questions she intended to ask. When I read these questions, I felt so skeptic about the purpose of her visit and particularly, around that time, when the country was clearly unstable. Some of these questions were, Do you oppose the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel?  Do you believe that Egypt may engage in war with Israel within the next years? These types of questions sounded a bit odd and immanently threatening to our national security, particularly at a time when the country was still under interim governance. Furthermore, what doubled my concern of this American journalist, that she wasn’t affiliated with one of these fame news organisations, as of CNN, CBS etc. She even wasn’t affiliated with unnoted press, she was a freelance reporter. I asked my lecturer to kindly ask her for  sort of credentials. Well deplorably, nothing was presented. The only sort of verified piece of information we knew about her that she was our professor’s acquaintance in the States. Subsequently, I consciously felt so awkward about this visit, particularly in such critical circumstances. Thence, I spoke to the director of the institute and I clearly articulated, that if she won’t release reliable credentials for her adequacy in the field, her visit may not be welcome. On her visit’s eve, she contacted our professor and notified him that she had to fly back to the States and consequently, that visit was canceled. This story may sound a bit undistinguished to most of you. Well, I meant here, that many of us in the Muslim world may exaggerate in expressing hospitality and particularly, to western people. We may even miss security essentials, just because, we do not want to confront with someone from America or Europe. That doesn’t sound very dignified nor anything like patriotic. Are we going to deliberately dismiss clear signs of threat or cultural imperialism just because, a European or American might be offended? What a shame. Is that what we really meant to be? I won’t tolerate my statements to be possibly misinterpreted. I do not call for aggression. I call for stridence and repudiation based on quite consistent reasons. I at the same time would ask everyone involved to utterly refrain from generalizing. I attempt to moderately balance the difference between proper treatment to them and preventing disesteem to ourselves. Even in hotels and tourist resorts, we shamefully may allow them to break the rules for their satisfaction. Once I was in Hurghada with my family. As we were in the beach, a German man unexpectedly stripped down in front of everyone. Naturally, Egyptian women screamed and everybody was shocked. When my father complained at the hotel, they told him that these customs are approved in his countries. My father was disappointed and told them, well he is now in Egypt, so he ought to abide by our customs or, you can make a special part of the beach for such things. These two incidents may vividly reflect a bit on the problem. I do not blame either the German man or the journalist from the U.S. I blame us for failing to make them respect the culture they deal with. Our faith enjoins us to treat them respectfully and at the same time, it prohibits us of   inexcusably privileging people simply because of their nationality. Once again, we ought to hold the cane from the middle. No maltreatment and no unjustified special treatment, that is the moderate approach on this. I called this edition of life and religion faith in action. I dedicated a significant segment of this to refute the sensitivity that is typically associated with interfaith dialog. At the same time, I attempt to unambiguously differentiate between adequate deference and overinflated tolerance. The latter is unacceptably overdrew in our countries. This has nothing to do with discriminatory behavior. I categorise softening the tone when it has to actually be conspicuously strident as sort of hypocritical tendency.

I learned English to primarily communicate with others and to plainly be heard. I am insusceptible to cultural imperialism or manipulation. Quite at the same time, I gladly adore learning English. I like to write in English and I like English grammar. I only scold my fellow Muslims for being influenced with foreign cultures. I do not blame western people for drinking, sunbathing, partying etc, I rather blame us for not demanding them to respect the place they visit. In certain countries, they may possibly bann women with Hijab from entering some places. I can’t speak against this because it’s their country after all. Our faith signifies crucial impact on how we speak and behave. Due to cultural imperialism, many of our youth are quite unsettled and mentally disorientated. That’s the major disadvantage of learning foreign languages and indefensibly engaging with the western tradition without being religiously inoculated.   Consequently, they ended up knowing nothing about their faith or identity. I again, won’t blame westerns for this. I toughly scold those Muslims parents who naively dragged their kids into these schools, prejudicially assuming that it’s the ideal place for them. Well, it isn’t if they utterly know nothing about their identity. I was just talking to a friend about him wanting to put his kids in a school called (Saint Peter). I of course opposed this idea and told him to find a proper Muslim school or at least, a casual school but make sure to teach him religion at home. I would not be happy with my daughter wanting to learn the piano. I see that a waste of her time. It just puts her away from who she is and it gets her closer to the culture which distorts her religion. I better bring her Koran teachers, so she may benefit in this life and in the hereafter. I again, don’t care about those who play the piano or whatever. That’s not my interest. I  aim at reforming the Muslim character, so we are competent to independently represent ourselves, without being unconsciously melted into other cultures. That’s the main purpose of this edition of life and religion. I do not command against anything in the western identity. It’s a culture after all, it has its pros and cons. Now, regarding the cheap propaganda against Islam, this illness won’t ever end. The United States of America speaks a lot about representing justice and equality for everyone. Well, this proclamation is demonstratively fallacious in the slightest. It couldn’t be any further from the truth. America pridefully thinks it’s the god of the world. America speaks a lot about restoring democracy but, does it really stand for that. If we took Iraq as a country which America transgressively invaded, we can clearly see the fallacy. I truly wanted to visit Baghdad, the graciously blessed capital of Islamic jurisdiction for ages. According to nuclear weapons inspectors, Saddam Hussein never attempted to acquire nuclear program of any kind. Well, despite decisive evidence, the U.S led a transgressive invasion on Iraq, destroyed the country, divided people based on Sunnaa and Shia, and savagely executed Saddam Hussein. During Saddam’s era, there were no tension between Sunnaa and Shia. The current turmoil in chaotic Iraq certainly represents the model of alleged democracy which the U.S wants to forcefully impose upon our region. I am deeply impressed. After the clear sorrow, sectarianism, mass putridness and misery which woefully dominates Iraq, there is no need to misleadingly advocate for supposedly American democracy. If anyone believes in this for even one second, he deserves to be thrown with the dirtiest shoo.

I again, call America the archest  nation on earth today. It allegedly speaks about democracy but, its policy certainly lies away from this. This is not a war on terrorism. It’s colonialism. Wasn’t Iraq much better during Saddam’s era versus how it is right now? Faith in action, U.S mass media claims this demented element which consents mass slay of innocents a controversially Islamic state. What a defacement, duh, truly a big super duh.

My tirade against political disorientation shall prevail. As I said on many occasions, it is indeed a mental war. This provokes exhorbitant stridence. Our identity has viciously been pirated with cultural manipulation. So for instance, as Ramadan approaches, you hear people unconsciously repeat, (Ramadan 2016). Duh, that is clearly unconscious but it signifies what I mean by, culturally manipulated. As all we know, Ramadan is indeed a Muslim month. It is essentially based on the Muslim Hijri calendar which is associated with the lunar cycle. It surely has nothing to do with the Catholic forcefully imposed global Gregorian calendar. I am enormously exasperated with this heavily obtruded cultural manipulation. As Muslims, we really must wake up to what’s going on. We are culturally aggressed and thus, we ought to scrupulously strive in the cause of rescuing the remainder. Our faith has savagely been hijacked and conspiratorially restructured to wickedly befit the portrait which pleases our enemy. I did not learn English to be culturally manipulated. I learned that language to primarily be  heard. I learned that language to sensibly negotiate the terms of cultural exchange and to robustly refute cultural manipulation. Graciously, I am not fallen madly in love with everything in the western culture. Thoughtfully, I critically reassess each and every principle that comes from the western culture with mental filtering. If some concept doesn’t intercept with what Islam teaches, it peacefully passes. Otherwise, it is unhesitatingly declined. This is when faith is really recognized and thence, implemented into significant action. As Muslims, we won’t ever rise again, unless we really stand for what we believe. Otherwise, we will be as weak and backward as we just are. Our faith doesn’t call for oppression or hostility. At the same time, it prohibits us to be solicitors of falsehood. I think the last sentence is proper to end this essay with.

Mostafa Almahdy, a certified Azharian Theologian and self-proclaimed Litterateur

Best wishes.

It's always hope that gives meaning to life.