[Faith-talk] Speaking God's Message: Where Are the Men of God? by Leonard Ravenhill

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Sep 9 19:40:16 UTC 2016

Tucked away in my heart is a stirring conviction; I share it with you.
When God-given, Heaven-sent revival does come, it will undo in weeks
the damage that blasphemous modernism has taken years to build.  By the
gale of the Spirit, the deceptive doctrines of divinity will see swept
away "the house which they built upon the sand" of human
interpretations of the Bible.

The head of humanity is sick and the heart faint.  Hell enlarges her
mouth for the spoil which the filthy modernists have prepared as they
have bartered the blood of Christ for "a mess of Pottage" (so-called
"higher criticism.").  With swollen heads and shrunken hearts, they
will look at their folly.

Arm of the Lord, awake! Put on strength! This is the hour for revival.
This is the hour of doom.  Where are the men of God? Prophets may have
miracles, but they must have a message.  In their own way, the
bewildered worldlings are saying, "Is there any word from the Lord?"
They know there is no intelligent word from any other source.

Because God cannot lie, therefore Joel 2 and Malachi 3 will be
fulfilled:  "The Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple
(Malachi 3:1).  What comfort there! This moment, drought; the next,
deliverance.  Ten minutes before John the Baptist arrived, no one knew
that he was there.  As it was, so I am sure it will be.  God will get
some man's ear and heart and will.  Men, hidden in secret at this very
moment, will utter soon, in the Spirit's might, the burning truths that
this people must hear.  Their words will burn as molten metal.  With
long patience, God awaits.

Have we no modern Moses? Can we suffer this generation to perish in the
slave camp of moral bondage--and sit idly by, doing nothing about it?
Are we to be mesmerized spectators, while Lucifer, chained to his
infernal chariot, sweeps many souls down the "broad way" to everlasting
destruction? We need to rediscover the secret of those blessed men of
whom the Word says (in Hebrews 11:31), they "subdued kingdoms, and
stopped the mouths of lions"--(that lion who goes about today "seeking
whom he may devour)".  For this day of doom our pale, pathetic,
paralyzed Protestantism needs God-filled and God-guided men.  Wanted:
prophets of God!

(Leonard Ravenhill (1907-1994) was an evangelist and author who
challenged the modern church to radical discipleship and issued a
no-compromise call to the principles of biblical revival.

Taken from "Why Revival Tarries," by Leonard Ravenhill.  Copyright
1959.  Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, King James Version.

Well, what more can I add that has already been written? Can you just
hear Brother Ravenhill lashing out against our Supreme Court voting in
favor of same-sex marriage as being legal? I can just hear him now in my mind.

And that will do for today.  Until sometime tomorrow when, Lord willing
another timely literary contribution will be posted, may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul