[Faith-talk] Bible sources

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 04:00:03 UTC 2017

Yes, I spend most time on the computer, since I am still pretty frustrated with touch screens. Even doing a double-tap doesn’t work for me—I can think I’m in the same place with the second tap, and end up instead hitting a different area—it’s easy to do on a touch screen where you may have half an inch or an inch between items. It might be different if there were orientation marks on the phone so you could have more control to stay where you are during a multi-gesture command. But I just don’t like gestures, and using my computer gives me ultimate control that using my cell does not. I wish there were a way to have a cell with real keys plus full capability to go on the Web, do emails, etc.—which was my goal when I got my ‘Droid, a Samsung Core Prime. Before that, I had a Nexus, but between still being very resistant to touch screens and the sounds annoying me, I left that for the CP. A one-size-fits-all approach, which is what the accessible cell phone industry seems to veer toward, doesn’t fit all—I don’t want to go back to a straight phone-phone (my very first, years ago, was a Haven; then, others—but you can’t do the Web with just that). Also, since I’m not much of a talker, doing the commands by voice is bothersome to me—I’d rather push a button. Okay, enough ranting.

On another topic, I’m sorry Jenny has left—she contributed a lot to our discussions. Hopefully lesson learned—we all need to be cognizant of the primacy of love; it doesn’t mean coddling, obviously, but it does have the patience to assist someone with an issue and not to complain when they’ve explained multiple times about their situation.

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)