[Faith-talk] Dilemma

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 29 20:55:25 UTC 2017

Jenny,

Watch how you say things. How many times did I read distracting? I did not
count.
But many.

You have to do what feels right to you. However, I want to say that not all
English masses are like this.
I have attended mass a time as a guest and another as an assignment for
religion class.
While the Catholics did leave after the service, no one left during the last
part. The priest said the closing prayer and then they had a song which
might be called a benediction; at least they call it this in the Protestant
church.

I wonder if you are going on what you heard or have you actually experienced
a mass conducted in english?

You were in the LDS church before so I'm not sure.

I actually think they should have a set time for the mass. People have
schedules now a days. Sure if they run a little over, that is fine, and no
one should be rude;
the priest should not get calls about it. But people have schedules now a
days.

You said
"I might check out the Orthodox Catholic church. Because maybe it's that
way. And it's in English. That might be the happy medium :-) so, in fact I'm
going to try to call the priest now. Hopefully he'll answer the phone :-)"

I agree. Sounds like a happy medium! I hope the priest answers and you have
a nice chat and he can probably give you an overview of what he does and
about the church he runs.
I attended a regular roman catholic church for an assignment to observe a
service, not the Orthodox church.

If you do attend an Orthodox service, tell us about it. I know they have
more visual stuff and I don't know the extent of your vision. They have more
icons and statues there. I heard its slightly different than the roman
catholic mass.

And I do not know what you mean by ABC year. Hmm, is this a typo?

In my research, I learned catholics follow the julian calendar.

Ashley