[Faith-Talk] iceolation and serving in churches

andrew edgcumbe rollercoasterman86 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 04:10:08 UTC 2019

Hi all hope you are well. Anyway  I am just really struggling to see
the true point of going to church in a sence because of being blind. I
quite often feel like  it is hard to be part of church if i am not
going to be given chances to serve and actually help out.  it is my
personal beliefs that  a christian should not be a specktator and
things. I  often don't find i am connected in church and often like
nobody checks in on me at all.  I struggle allot to find my place
weather it is church vollunteer or whatever I find i am always not so
sure what I am really looking for.  I been having some depression
problems and stuff to because of way i feel i am being treated and
things like that. I  am going starting some counciling this next week
actually but not really christian counciling though. I feel like every
time I talk to a pastor about what my needs and wants are that they
don't understand me at all. It is very hard for somebody to understand
stuff reguarding blindness inless they are blind themselves and not in
our shoes.  i even have found that pastors one other blind guy from
canada said that pastors are usually hezatant to get the blind serving
and stuff like that. I have often found that for me  i just feel like
there is no modivation to even go to church sometimes or i feel that
way anyway.   why ashould i be there if i can't fyully take part not
only in sence of worship but actually helping out and stuff like that.