[Fopbc] {Disarmed} Fwd: October Vision Awareness Events

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 11:39:52 UTC 2010

Dear List Members:

1.  The Gainesville Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida presents its 4th Annual Meet the Blind Event on Saturday, October 23, 2010, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at First Christian Church Disciples of Christ Fellowship Hall, 3411 N. W. 83rd Street, Gainesville, Florida.

This event is a unique opportunity to bring together members of the blind and sighted communities of Gainesville and surrounding areas to show the strengths and capabilities of blind and visually impaired persons to accomplish everyday tasks without vision or limited vision.  Presentations on Braille, guide dog etiquette, guide dog puppy raisers, and assistive technology are just some of the activities planned.  We hope to promote a spirit of community between those with sight and those without sight.

Please contact Carrie Zubillaga, Committee Chair, at (904) 964-7679; or
Judy Hamilton, Gainesville Chapter President at (352) 373-7806 for more information.

2.  Our chapter will also have a table at the Veterans Administration Open House  on Tuesday,
October 19, 2010 from 9am to 2pm.  This is an Open House sponsored by the VIST program, Division of Blind Services, and Independence With Low Vision.  We hope if you are in the area that day, you will stop by our table.

Judy Hamilton, President
Gainesville Chapter

Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity: