[Fopbc] Fwd: Imagination Fund text-to-give

Lenora Marten fopbc at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 11:42:38 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues:

Beginning in the month of October, the Imagination Fund is initiating a new component in our continuing fundraising efforts.  By now, many of you have registered for the 2010/2011 Race for Independence, which will culminate at our 2011 convention in Orlando.  You are already lining up your asks and building strategies to achieve your fundraising goal of $250.00 or more.

Beginning in the month of October individuals can make $10.00 donations to the Imagination Fund through the text-to-give program by texting the word "blind" to 85944.  Each time you text the word "blind" to 85944, you will receive a message that tells you to reply with the word "yes".  When you do this, your cell phone carrier will forward $10.00 to the Imagination Fund.  The $10.00 charge will appear on your next phone bill.

In the near future State Presidents will be receiving business cards and brochures related to the text-to-give program.  Ask your State President to share these materials with you and help us to distribute business cards and brochures to every community across the country.

Take cards and brochures along with you to community events, meetings, restaurants, sporting venues, and everywhere else you go, and distribute them liberally.  Our goal is to generate a high volume of text donations nationwide.  Text-to-give donations do not count toward individual fundraising goals, but they will help increase the size of the Imagination Fund and substantially increase affiliate distributions and grant awards at the end of the campaign.

For more information contact us at 410-659-9314 ext. 2371, or email Anne- Marie Laney at alaney at nfb.org  .
You can also reach me directly in Myrtle Beach, SC at 843-492-7411.

The text-to-give initiative will be a great way to supplement our Imagination Fund effort and help us to raise more money in this campaign than ever before.  So come on, let's race!

Parnell Diggs
Chairman
National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund