[Greater-baltimore] A Different Kind of social networking site

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 14:47:47 UTC 2009

Hi List members, Ken here.  Today for her cool site of the day, Kim  Komando
had a social networking site for people with disabilities and care  providers.
 There are Blogs about adaptive sports, assistive technology,  and more.
There are posts about the movie blindness found in the community  forum on the
site to, but according to the search there are no members of the  federation on
it.  Sign up is easy, there is a graphic Capcha, but it has a  Wav file
alternative so you can listen to it.  You just have to get used to  the fact that
it's a British accent so you may have to hit the listen link a  couple times,
but I signed up to it.  I think we have a lot to share on the  site so if anyone
is interested simply go to _www.disaboom.com_ (http://www.disaboom.com/)  and
sign up to it.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by its
constitution.