[Greater-baltimore] Blind Ambitions Magazine

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Apr 21 11:54:22 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

I was asked to post the following information.  I have no other information
about this new publication except for what is provided in the below message.

Melissa

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know about a new magazine
coming out soon called Blind Ambitions magazine.  The subscription price for
the magazine is $19.95.  It is going to be in email format.    Below you
will find a summary of what the Blind Ambitions Magazine is going to be
about.

Have you been searching for something that addresses your needs when it
comes to blindness? Have you been seeking knowledge about answers to those
burning questions to get you back to normal? Have you been looking for
something that just catches your eyes? Blind Ambitions Groups introduces
Blind Ambitions Magazine. A bimonthly publication, Blind Ambitions Magazine
is stocked full of stories about people who are not only blind, but living
and thriving at home, Work, and in public. We will have regular feature
articles such as Going to the dogs which addresses everything you wanted to
know about dog guides like selecting your first school, working with your
dog guide, veterinarians,  retiring your companion, and dealing with the
grief of the death of your best friend.  Fitness, Health, and Happiness will
provide articles on how to get in shape and stay in shape or getting back in
shape and stay that way. In this feature we will talk about more healthy and
nutritious meals that promote a better eating plan. And we get more active
with suggestions on how to have fun and start living again after blindness.
Our Spotlight on Employment features companies from around the country and
the world who hired the blind and visually impaired. Hear about their first
reactions to interviewing people with a visual impairment, how they were
accommodating to the new employment setting, and where they  are today.
You will hear from employees about their work, their experience in dealing
with issues on the job and how to get raises and promotions. There will be
tips on writing resumes, searching for a job, and interviewing  for the
career you have always wanted. From the Family perspective is articles
written by Family members of someone who is blind. You will hear how they
dealt with the feeling of learning that their family member was losing their
sight. You will find out how they had to adapt their homes to make it more
accessible to their family member. You will be given information about
resources that assisted and educated them on how to help their entire
family.   The Suggestion Box is a section that will allow you to send
questions to us and all our subscribers   to find out answers to those
things you always wanted to know or do or make. Write in and see if your
question is selected for that next issues and see who responds to your
thought in the future. Oh Sugar is a feature article which will address
diabetes and anything related to this disease. You will be updated on the
latest news on accessible products, meal planning and recipes,  as well as
anything that will help you to live better with this disease. Our New
Product Showcase will allow manufacturers and service providers to tell you
about their latest items that are being introduced to the blind and visually
impaired community.

If you are interested in subscribing to this magazine or would like a copy
of the magazine when it becomes  available  so that you can look it over and
see if it is a magazine that you would be interested in subscribing to or
not please contact me at the following email  address
Christine.chaikin at blindambitionsgroups.org
<mailto:Christine.chaikin at blindambitionsgroups.org>

Christine Chaikin

christine.chaikin at blindambitionsgroups.org
<mailto:christine.chaikin at blindambitionsgroups.org>

Blind Ambitions Groups

"We may have lost our sight, but we have not lost our VISION"