[Greater-baltimore] Participants need for a study

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 15:49:53 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Please read about the study below and contact Mr. Stearns if you can help.
This study will lead to greater access so give it serious consideration.

Thank you,

Sharon Maneki

Greetings!

My name is Lee Stearns. I am a graduate student in the Department of
Computer Science at the University of Maryland, working with Professors Leah
Findlater and Jon Froehlich. Our research team is studying how to make the
next generation of mobile computing technology more accessible.

We are recruiting blind participants who are 18 years or older to help us
evaluate mobile technologies. The study will ask you to perform simple tasks
that are similar to everyday mobile device use, like tapping on buttons or
navigating through emails. We are also collecting basic demographic
information and feedback on the mobile devices.

Study sessions will be conducted at our lab on the University of Maryland,
College Park campus. In rare circumstances, we may be able to arrange
in-person sessions at a location that is more convenient to you. The study
will take up to 2 hours and you will be compensated $30 for your time.

Participants will also receive $30 toward transportation costs if the study
session is at a location you would not normally visit, making the total
compensation $60.

Please visit our project website at

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~jonf/handsight.html. To learn more or to sign up
please contact us by email at lstearns at umd.edu <mailto:lstearns at umd.edu>  or
phone at 240-472-1030.

(Please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of email.)

Feel free to take a look at the lead investigators' websites to find out
more about our research program: Dr. Jon Froehlich
(http://www.cs.umd.edu/~jonf) and Dr. Leah Findlater
(http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~leahkf)

Sincerely,

Lee Stearns