[gui-talk] Olympus sound recorder, anyone?

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Mon Oct 27 02:25:44 UTC 2008

Hi.  You have a DS-50.  I bought the same unit for that price at the 2007
convention, and I'm a satisfied user.

Off-list I can send you a text version of the manual, which someone created
from the PDF.  There have also been a couple of MP3 podcasts about this
device which have been helpful to me, especially regarding changing the
batteries.

I don't know of an accessible way to move files from one folder to another,
although perhaps you could achieve the same thing by using the PC transfer
program.  You can set its time using the transfer program, but you cannot
use the timer recording features in an accessible manner.

I use the unit to record choir rehearsals, plus some of the rehearsals of my
church praise band, where I play congas.  I have also recorded some
meetings, family gatherings and outdoor sounds with it.  It usually goes
with me in my backpack because I never know when I might want to record
something.

You can reply off-list to lras at sprynet.com.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com