[gui-talk] information on a U S B portable disk drive

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Jun 26 13:59:57 UTC 2009

I recently purchased a Seagate Freeagent Go 160gb portable hard drive from
newegg.com for $50 with free shipping.  It is completely plug and play, and
my XP Pro Dell workstation recognizes it immediately as soon as I plug it
into the front-panel USB port using the included USB cable.  It comes with
file management software that is JAWS-accessible, although I prefer to use
the Windows XP Backup Utility to back up my files and folders.  You can buy
a 500gb version of this drive from newegg.com for about $80.  It is about
the size of a passport holder and small enough to carry around in my shirt
pocket.  Western Digital also makes good portable hard drives, but they tend
to be  more expensive than Seagate. Both companies back their portable
drives with a five-year warranty.

Gerald