[gui-talk] ms anti virus program

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Apr 14 02:57:01 UTC 2010

Denise:

It's called Microsoft Security Essentials. It is quite accessible although
you will find it easier to use if you use your mouse emulation keys
occasionally, e.g., the JAWS Cursor. Actually, to read the screen, I use the
"Invisible Cursor". But you can start scans etc. just by tabbing to the
button and hitting spacebar. If that doesn't work, route the JAWS Cursor to
the PC Cursor and left-click and that works.

I haven't had a virus or any notification of malware since I've been using
the program. It updates automatically and unlike Norton Antivirus, it isn't
a processor hog; one hardly knows it's there.

Mike