[gui-talk] Accessibility Problems With Another Major Retailer's Site

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Nov 14 12:11:11 UTC 2012

I brought up Home Depot because it is a major US retailer that many blind
folks may try to shop on during the holiday season.  At least with the
inaccessible Target.com site, I found a reasonable work around.  But with
the Home Depot site, my only recourse, because I did not have sighted
assistance on hand to solve the image captcha, was to call their customer
service line and have an agent complete and submit the order for me.  I have
encountered captchas on other shopping sites, but they usually appear on the
account registration page before you have finalized your order, not on the
very last page of the ordering process after you have already entered all of
your sensitive personal and credit card information.

Gerald